Please see below link regarding the County Council support during COVID19:
The webpage gives you advice and guidance on local organisations that you can contact for support via the Locate website and asks people to log their support needs if they are self-isolating and in need of assistance.
Dedicated number is 03000 260 260.
VCS Alliance Mobile app link (Advice/Support updates)
Please click on the link below to access our mobile app which has a range of advice/support services available across County Durham (printable versions available). We are still able to share the food provision tables that we circulated last week so feel free to drop us an email.
Energy suppliers are offering some help to those who may struggle to pay bills as a result of the coronavirus pandemic – both prepay and credit meter customers
(Scroll down the page to get useful information regarding support with fuel/energy)
Citizens Advice Update
- Advice services continue via digital channels only (webchat/telephone)
- General advice can be accessed via our Adviceline service (Monday to Friday 10:00 – 16:00) We will endeavour to make this service available 9.00 -17.00 Tel: 0300 330 9027
- Debt advice can be accessed via our specialist telephone service 0300 323 2000 (Monday to Friday 09:00 – 13:00)
- Advice on making a New Claim for Universal Credit (Help to Claim) is available via Freephone on 0800 144 8 444 (Mon-Fri 08:00 – 18:00) or via web chat https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ (08:00 – 18:00)
- Coronavirus FAQs will soon be accessible from our website – https://www.citizensadvicecd.org.uk/
- Accepting enquiries via Facebook, but please be aware we can only provide very generic responses via this channel.
Employability Durham Update
As you’re probably aware, Durham County Council has limited some of its services due to the advice from the UK government and Public Health. As a result of this, the Employability Durham team are not currently meeting with any members of the public but we are is still available to support our residents, albeit it remotely. We can still work with people over the phone, email or even video calls and it’s not just a service for our existing clients, we can work with new people too. I know it’s a really challenging time for a lot of people, and some of our residents may find themselves out of work through no fault of their own. We can help people gain employment through some of the sectors that are recruiting at the moment or, prepare them for when the other sectors are recruiting again. We can assist to create CVs, help people look for work and we still have access to our flexible fund to support people in their journey. Eligibility criteria is in place, but we encourage people to get in touch with us and we can have a chat about what support is available. You can get in touch via our Facebook page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information visits: https://www.facebook.com/Employability-Durham-2338781619671496/?ref=br_rs